Another painting done on the Calendar Project, which leave only three more to do and then I can start putting the date in for each month.
It hard to believe that I had started this project over two years ago with a target of 2015. As they say “best laid plans..”
Anyway as soon as I had finished that last painting I started this one.
I have been working on it for the last week, but I think if I had worked on it straight it would have taken me a day to do.
With the exception of the background I am happy with the way this one turned out. (really need to work on paint the breach and sea.)
I have spent the last week working on and off on this one.
It was a lot of fun to do and tired a few new techniques that I think worked quite well.
There is two version of this one, one with the outline work and one with part of it removed.
I was not going to do a background to this one but it looks very plain so I just did a quick drawing and blur it out. (Which is why it look like crap but does not take away from the rest of the picture.)
I am in two minds on which one I like more.
First up with the outlines
And with outlines part removed.