Freaking out about Sci-fi & Moives

Archive for May, 2018

Stirling Class W.I.P part 7

Not a lot done on the ship this week. Two reason for this. 1st I was trying to cut panel lines into the primary and secondary hull, but I could not get them all to be same width when cutting them in and felt like banging my head against a wall.
2nd reason was due to the 1st I was starting to loose my Mojo on this. Luckily I just looked at the Builds Madkoifish does and I get it back again.

So for the time being I have given up on the panel until I can figure out how to get the cuts all to be the same size.
So what I been doing, Well I have cut in the windows into the secondary hull and started work on the rear strut that the nacelle pylon attach too and the Nacelle pylons.
I have put in an extra set of torpedoed tube and more phaser strips as this area was lacking coverage for the Phasers.
Add in some details and cut some vents into the pylons. Just need to cut in the panels now.

I will next be moving onto Nacelles.

I have just notice that I have forgot to put in the RCS into the secondary hull so that also needs to be some. I won’t be putting them into the section that I have just done as I will be adding them into the Nacelles.

Advertisements

Stirling Class W.I.P part 6

I been scratching my head on what to do with the underside of the saucer, as I need to add in some windows. So while I have been thinking about that I have moved onto the secondary hull.
I have added the main tracker beam emitter at the font bottom of it. It’s the same on found on the Akira Class. I have also modelled the warp core ejection hatch and another ejection hatch right next to it. (what that will be ejecting I have idea but not going to state just yet as it’s an idea I am playing around with.)
Rear torpedo launcher have been put in and an airlock has also been added. The airlock needs to be detailed up so no close up picture on that just that.
I have also cut in the hanger again this needs to be detailed up.

Lastly, when putting in the lifeboat hatch’s I had created I was not liking the looks of it. So I have remodelled these to look closer to what has been seen in Cannon.
This has also meant that I have replaced the ones on the top of the saucer and I need to add some to the bottom. (they are also smaller than the last ones so this mean that I have had to add a few more.) I have kept the old lifeboats on the spin for the time being but might change them later.

With adding the new lifeboat hatch’s to the secondary hull I finally figured out how get a “Hard Meshes” to go onto curved surface. With this it meant that I had to clean-up the top half of the secondary hull. This was because it was causing deformity with the lifeboats.
So with that I am going to have to go back and re-add the Phaser to the saucer using this process as it fixes the issue I was having when I first put them in.


Stirling Class W.I.P part 5

Windows are now cut in. I thought the gap between deck was too big, but after checking to make sure everything was in the right place I found the reason the gap between decks is big is due to the curve and shape of the hull.

Panelling is such a pain in the arse. I started panelling on the top of the saucer and I was finding that the cuts between platting was too small or too big. so I nipped that in the butt for the moment and will come back to it.

Started work on the underside of the saucer. Due to the curve of the hull placement of windows are not ideal as the cuts would have to go deep into the hull for it to reach a room a member of the crew would be. At the moment I have only added one sit of windows at the font. I am in two minds about adding another set.

I have modelled the Navigation lights and put them in place. I not to sure on the design as it not jut a light dome. I had have add two railing for a crew member to hold and connect a safety line when working on it. So I might go back and just do the basic dome.

Transporter Emitter have been modelled. They where twice the size they current are but I think they look better this way. I have also modelled the Torpedoes launcher I am happy with the over all look to it, but I added a TOS style sensor dome. But that’s not really sitting with the rest of the design so I am going to have to pull that and put something else in it place.

Last but not least I have added in a two hatches under the saucer. Not sure what they will be for a they are two big for an standard airlock and too small to get a Workbee in and out. I am open to ideas on what it could be for or change it to something else.

Still need to add more details to the lower section of the saucer but I am getting a bit brunt out on it.
With that I am going to move onto work on the Secondary hull. Still need to work out where the main hanger is going to go as the pylon for nacelles is sits where it would normally go.