Freaking out about Sci-fi & Moives

Blender

Concept Fighter WIP Part 2

Here is attempt two on this fighter, this time round I have just worked on the body.
I am much happier with the way it looks this time round.
Added in a few details, but before I go any feather there are a few areas that need to clean up and I also need to come up with the wing shape.


Concept Fighter WIP

I have started to build a new fighter, I have not decided if this will be able to head into space or just have it as Atmosphere craft.
Here is the first knock out of the design.

I am really loving the cockpit area on this. But that about it.
The wings are too fat and I am not really liking the shape. The air intake on either side of the cockpit are not sitting right we me.
As the Engines they are not fitting at all.

Moving onto version two.


Discovery Corridor

Back into the 3D grove and here is a nice quick picture of the corridor on the Discovery from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
I made a few changes to make it my own like the ladder design on the floor and adding Hal 9000 next to the door.

But it good doing 3D again.


Sorry Dave

Before building the corridor form 2001: A Space Odyssey
I wanted to make Hal to get back into the grove of doing 3d.


Star Trek, Workbee, Cargo Attachment. Part 5.

Has it really been four months since I last worked on this?
Guess that what happens when you get lost with other projects.

On to the updates.
For the impulse engines module I wanted to have something that looks a little industrial. I knocked out a few ideas, but nothing was really working.
I think this was due to the fact that Federation stuff is not very industrial looking as all the working parts are hidden behind panels.

The only thing to survive these design ideas was the frame.
What I have now is more Federation looking. It also has a bit of a module look to it.
The idea behind this is that these things are work horses around Starbases and Dry-docks. They can’t be down for too long for repairs. So to keep them out doing there jobs the parts are able to be hot swappable. Taking no more than an hour to remove the part and replace it.

I have given this module large impulse engines as I see it not just working around single planet but system wide.
For shuttles the size of the Workbee it can take a few days to cross a system at full impulse. But for a star ship it only takes a few hours, so with these larger engine it would take just under a half a day to get from Earth to Pluto.
I can also see this module being used with Tugs, to help with some extra power.
(Tugs have never really been seen fully in Trek. Though you can see some blurry things acting as Tugs in the War episodes of DS9)

The one thing that I am not to happy with is the landing legs on the bottom. I think they could have been a little bigger.

Engine moduel angle

Engine moduel front

Engine moduel top

Engine moduel side

Engine moduel rear

Engine moduel bottom

everything together


Star Trek, Workbee, Cargo Attachment. Part 4

What started out as a small project has just increased in size.
I only expected this project to last a few weeks. Granted the primary project was done in a few weeks, but I went and decided to build a few attachments to go with it.

With working on a few non 3D projects this is taking longer than I would like to get done. But hay-ho, I am hoping to get this done before Christmas so I can put together the idea of a picture I had last Christmas.

Anyway with that said. More work done on the main body of the cargo attachment.
Except for a little work on the underside I think I am done.
I have modelled some more details and put in some power cores for the cargo container holders to work, add some navigation lights and the links for the Workbee / other cargo attachments to connect together.

I will next be working on impulse engines to move this thing around.

Cargo pod test 5

Cargo pod test 5a

Cargo pod test 5b

And here it is textured.

Cargo pod test 6

Cargo pod test 6a

Cargo pod test 6b


Star Trek, Workbee, Cargo Attachment. Part 3

Slow going with everything that is currently going on at work and home.
With that said I have managed to build some RCS thrusters. I decide to go old school with these. Reason being is that the attachment will never be far from a Starbase of Ship. As they also be used constantly they will wear out a lot fast then those used on a Starship or a shuttle, so having them open make it far easier to swap them out when they need to be replaced.

Cargo pod test 4

Cargo pod test 4a

Here are the parts Textured.

Cargo pod test 4b

Cargo pod test 4c

I am now moving on to building some navigation light that would sit on this and also the connection points that would be used for the Workbeek, impulse engines and extra cargo attachment to connect togther.