Windows are now cut in. I thought the gap between deck was too big, but after checking to make sure everything was in the right place I found the reason the gap between decks is big is due to the curve and shape of the hull.
Panelling is such a pain in the arse. I started panelling on the top of the saucer and I was finding that the cuts between platting was too small or too big. so I nipped that in the butt for the moment and will come back to it.
Started work on the underside of the saucer. Due to the curve of the hull placement of windows are not ideal as the cuts would have to go deep into the hull for it to reach a room a member of the crew would be. At the moment I have only added one sit of windows at the font. I am in two minds about adding another set.
I have modelled the Navigation lights and put them in place. I not to sure on the design as it not jut a light dome. I had have add two railing for a crew member to hold and connect a safety line when working on it. So I might go back and just do the basic dome.
Transporter Emitter have been modelled. They where twice the size they current are but I think they look better this way. I have also modelled the Torpedoes launcher I am happy with the over all look to it, but I added a TOS style sensor dome. But that’s not really sitting with the rest of the design so I am going to have to pull that and put something else in it place.
Last but not least I have added in a two hatches under the saucer. Not sure what they will be for a they are two big for an standard airlock and too small to get a Workbee in and out. I am open to ideas on what it could be for or change it to something else.
Still need to add more details to the lower section of the saucer but I am getting a bit brunt out on it.
With that I am going to move onto work on the Secondary hull. Still need to work out where the main hanger is going to go as the pylon for nacelles is sits where it would normally go.